Pig Cake

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Woo hoo to my 1st post on my blog!! Im so excited :)

Now that I got that out of the way..
I am a HUGE fan of The Pioneer Woman
I usually try to make everything that looks yummy on her Blog... Which is pretty much EVERYTHING!
This is one of her recipes that I saw and thought.."Oh wow.. that looks amazing" and then I read the title, "Pig Cake".. Ew.. Right? Well It doesn't have pig in it! Not at all.. Whew!
Instead it has Cool whip, pineapples, mandarin oranges.. Umm.. Sign me up!

My husband's boss invited us over for dinner so I thought it would be PERFECT to take along with some Yummy Potato Salad!



Excuse my last minute photo, it really was last minute before we starting digging into it :D

Here is the Recipe : Directly from The Pioneer Woman

For the cake:
  • 1 box (18.25 oz) box of Yellow cake mix
  • 1 stick of margarine (softened)
  • 1 can (14oz) of Mandarin Oranges, Drained (Reserve 1/2 cup of juice from can)
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Topping:
  • 1 package (4oz box) of Vanilla Instant pudding mix
  • 1 can (20oz) crushed pineapples (Juice reserved)
  • 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
  • 4 oz, fluid frozen Whipping Topping (I used Cool Whip)
  • Extra mandarin oranges for Decoration, to make it extra pretty ofcourse :)
Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

For the cake, combine cake mix, softened margarine, 1/2 cup juice from the mandarin oranges, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for about four minutes on medium-high. Add the drained oranges and beat again until all the pieces are broken up and small in the batter. Pour batter into greasted and floured 9 x 13 in baking pan and bake for 25~30 minutes...Or until golden brown and set.
Remove from the oven and cool completely! (She turned hers out onto a pretty platter, but since mine was TOGO, I left it in my flimsy pan :D

Once the cake is cool, blend juice from drained pineapples with the vanilla pudding mix. Add powdered sugar and mix, then mix in whipped topping.. Stir in drained pineapple, Spread on cooled cake and refrigerate for several hours!

Garnish with some extra mandarin oranges..and ENJOY!

Yummy recipes provided by The Pioneer Woman :)


Happy Baking!
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Coffee and Fabric Love | Template Design by Dual illusions