Blackberry Cobbler

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Its SATURDAY... which means.. The Pioneer Woman is on the Food Network.!!
I somehow always seem to miss the first 10 minutes of the episode BUT we did catch the best part of the show...her COOKING :)

On the menu today was her yummy Pot Roast, Creamy Mashed Potatoes AND Blackberry Cobbler.. and guess what we ended up having today.. Exactly that :)

I forgot to take pictures of the first couple steps but it pretty much goes like this, melt your butter, Add 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of Self Rising Flour (I didn't have any so I made my own with All Purpose flour, baking powder and salt) Whisk in your milk, Mix well and then pour in your melted butter and whisk all together until blended! That mixture is all done now!!
Photobucket

Oh hey there~! This is my best buddy Chevy :) He stinks, He's lazy and his hair is prickly.. but I love him Oh so much <3

Photobucket

I got two packages of Blackberries but only used about 1, the boys and hubby ate the rest

Butter your dish ..yum

Photobucket

Pour in your mixture, and dump in your blackberries, or you could space them evenly like I did! haha! Sprinkle some more sugar on top for a extra crunch and bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour.

Photobucket

I served mine with some whipped cream but I think Vanilla Ice cream would have been pretty great too!! This was SO easy, Maybe a Blueberry one next time??

Photobucket

I hope you all try it :)

List of Ingredients:

*1 cup Self Rising Flour
*1 cup Sugar
*1 cup of Milk
*1 stick of Butter (1/2 cup)
*2 cups of Blackberries (I only used about one)

Instructions:

1. Melt your butter in the microwave

2. Add the Flour and Sugar in the bowl and mix

3. Whisk in your Milk

4. Pour in Melted butter and mix until all in blended together

5. Rinse and pat dry your blackberries

6. Butter your dish and pour in the mixture

7. Place your blackberries in evenly and sprinkle with sugar (she calls for 1/4 cup)

and Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour :)

Here is her recipe, if you haven't checked out her website.. ITS A MUST





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Her blackberry cobbler recipes is one of my favorites! It's so easy and so delish! :)

Post a Comment

© 2011 Coffee and Fabric Love | Template Design by Dual illusions